Button photo DTC.png  photo DT.png Button Button Button Button Button
Button

Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Tips & Techniques Tuesday: Fall colours?



Hi, it's Ann from the Design Team, and today I bring you a little tutorial on using Stickles for your fall projects.  Thinking of this project I pondered what are Fall colours?  Since I live in an area of the world that is drastically defined by changes in the seasons year round I assume the colours in the nature that surround me are "THE " Fall colours. Those are the browns, burgundies, golden hues of orange and red,  the dark rich yellows and the greens in various shades and deep tones.  But if you live somewhere else that does not have these dramatic changes in the seasons or live in a very urban area, perhaps your views are different!  So my second group of Fall colours is inspired by what often happens at this time of year on this side of the hemisphere, which is back to school. Back to school for me means primary colours: Red, Blue, Green, and Yellow.  Just like the crayons in a box.


The tag above was made with :
Stickles in Spiced Marmalade, Paprika, Frayed Burlap, Fired Brick, Scattered Straw, Vintage Photo, Patina, and Midnight Blue.
Distress Inks (also by Ranger): Peacock Feathers, Shaded Lilac, Tumbled Glass, and Aged Mahogany.


The second tag was made with;
Stickles in Yellow, true Blue, Burgundy, and Green.
Distress Inks (Ranger): Barn Door Red, Stormy sky, Milled Lavender, and Broken China.

Stamps used:  "Whimsical Moon and Stars"  Get Inky! Stamps by Blue Moon Creation

I hope that you enjoyed my take on Fall and Stickles.  Thanks for stopping by, and please stop by my blog, Annmakes for other pictures and ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment